This is a place for all broken grieving hearts to come, its my safe haven and I share this with all of you to be your safe haven. I am hoping through my journey of grieving as well as my real life experiences through grieving I can help all through their darkest hours, to ease the pain a little less, to maybe just give an ear to listen because sometimes that's all we need.


I am willing to bare all to each and everyone who comes to this blog. I want no one to be shy of anything. I want anyone to ask question's, tell their stories with pride. No one will judge you, or think you are different. We are all here going through the same thing GRIEVING. This is my safe haven, your safe haven. The place to heal, to find your smile again. Through this all I am on a journey to writing a book as well "The Grieving Path To Joy".

Jul 9, 2012

Ready not ready ready not ready

So recently thinking to myself I decided since it has been over a year I thought that maybe dating would be something I would be ready for.  Now as someone grieving you must know that sometimes decisions that are made can change within seconds.  The emotions we feel are always so up and down that choices we feel change along with the emotions we feel.  This wasn't a decision made lightly, this was something I truly thought it was time for.  This choice was something I truly, deeply thought out a lot.  In all of me I felt it would be good for me, that it was time to quit hiding as well as being afraid of.  As we go through our grieving journey emotions are strong, they can be devastating as well as very painful, now when you encounter disappointment it is not just disappointment, it is disappointment times a million.  When you encounter anything negative it hits the grieving a million times worse.  Not saying we are victims in any way, just that our emotions are so powerful that we feel everything a million times more than the usual. 

I was with my husband passed for twelve years, we made a life together, true love was around every single day, we made a family together the way life was meant to be for me.  Being with someone you intend to spend the rest of your days with is what made you content, thinking about being single was the furthest thing from your mind.  Never questioning what it be, how it was to be single.  I never thought of life as ever having to be single again.  When you go from being so all in love to being single your heart often asks "what am I suppose to do from here on"?.  In writing for this blog it has been a huge passion to me to be able to hand out words of wisdom to all that read.  It has been a while since being here due to the fact that all I had in me seemed to of vanished, all hopes, dreams, words of advice, positive outlooks, it was all very fogged for some time now.  I felt my passion was not around me no longer, feeling to myself that if I honestly did not know myself,  what it was I was going through, how could I be here to help others?, well it is through the difficulties, the tremendous pain, heartache, that it is the reason to be here, to type away what it is I feel, to get it out there, to let it go, to send to all of you so perhaps someone who reads will understand to realise they to feel the same, in that moment it helps them to see they are not alone.  It is through my worse of pain to my hopes that all of me truly hopes that others understand they are not different nor abnormal for emotions they feel through grieving, this to me is as though it is a diary of my experiences being shared to who reads, that through these experiences even in the darkest of them someone will see just a tiny bit of light. 

No one can ever express to us the exact way we are suppose to feel, grieving is the one pain that takes on many emotions.  For two weeks I felt myself going through a very hard time, all of you feels it, your body knows it, right at the exact moment you get hit by the emotions you know it.  You feel your hopes go, things that were of importance are no longer, you feel alone, your smile fades.  I tell everyone it is not a pretty place to go yet in those moments we always remind our self it is not where we will stay.  It"s as though it is a learning experience for our soul to go through these trying times due to the fact that every time I have been there I have learned more and more of myself as well as my life.  Yes we get scared, it is a place we feel we will never come back from, yet when it breaks you appreciate everything all that much more.  For 34 years of my life I have never once experienced anxiety but in these last 2 weeks I know it all quite well.  For those in anxiety I say to you to not let it scare you, take a deep breath, think of that one great moment in life, let it go, do not let it control your thoughts, anxiety is something that likes to creep up on you very quickly but as quick as it does you can zap it just as fast.  Deep breaths, change your thoughts are all that is needed, take the time to understand it is not you going crazy,  it is just you letting the best get to you.  It is not easy I understand very well, it is doable.  Anxiety is all just negative thoughts, be easy on yourself, allow yourself to know that you are not a weak person, that in time it will subside.  Your mind is a powerful place.  To all bad thoughts it is in our hearts that we can chase them away.  DEEP BREATHING+GOOD THOUGHTS=ANXIETY FREE.

Know this list in anxiety that is all it is that brings on so many of things in you, recognise it is just that to understand YOU ARE OK that in good thoughts as well as love it will diminish.

 

 

Chest (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the chest area):


 

Fears (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with fear):



Head (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the head):




 

Hearing/Ear(s) (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with hearing):




 

 

 

Mind (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the mind and thinking):



 




 

Mood / Emotions (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with mood, emotions, and feelings):



  • Always feeling angry and lack of patience
  • Depression
  • Dramatic mood swings (emotional flipping)
  • Emotional "flipping" (dramatic mood swings)
  • Emotions feel wrong
  • Everything is scary, frightening
  • Feeling down in the dumps
  • Feeling like things are unreal or dreamlike
  • Frequently being on edge or 'grouchy'
  • Feel like crying for no apparent reason
  • Have no feelings about things you used to
  • Not feeling like yourself, detached from loved ones, emotionally numb
  • Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
  • You feel like you are under pressure all the time

 

 

Mouth/Stomach (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the mouth and stomach):



Skin (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the skin):



 

 

Sleep (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with sleep):



  • Difficulty falling or staying asleep
  • Frequent bad, bizarre, or crazy dreams
  • Hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake
  • Insomnia, or waking up ill in the middle of the night
  • Jolting awake
  • Waking up in a panic attack
  • You feel worse in the mornings


 

 

Sight (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with sight):



 

Touch (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with touch):




Other anxiety symptoms are described as:






Being like a hypochondriac, muscle twinges, worry all the time, tingles, gagging, tightness in the chest, tongue twitches, shaky, breath lump, heart beat problems, head tingles, itchy tingling in arms and legs, and so many more.


In addition to these anxiety symptoms, you may also find yourself worrying compulsively about:
• Having a heart attack
• Having a serious undetected illness
• Dying prematurely
• Going insane or losing your mind
• Suddenly snapping
• Losing it
• Uncontrollably harming yourself or someone you love
• Losing control of your thoughts and actions
• Being embarrassed or making a fool out of yourself
• Losing control
• Fainting in public
• Not breathing properly
• Losing control of reality
• Choking or suffocating
• Being alone








Many, many symptoms to know of, yet it is something that takes on so many.  Through it you have all the power to make it disappear.  Know in your whole self that it is not you, that in it you are not weaker then it.  Fears in your stomach is what is the worse of it, take those fears to understand that in your fears is where all your dreams lay waiting for you to take a hold of.  Know in your whole being that fears are only fears due to them being the unknown.  Taking the negative to turn it into positive is what awaits in your darkest hours.  Allow yourself to know that it is not in control of you, you are in control of you, your life, your mind.  Stress as well as worries is what allows our self to go in over load, let the stress as well as worries to not visit you, understand that those stress and worries are not even things that need be worried about, that in due time things will unfold for a brighter, beautiful new beginning for you.  Worries are negative thoughts that try to allude your thoughts, to try to attempt to bring your positive down, to erase what it is you dream of.  Tell your worries and fears to come another day, that in this moment you let it go to know in your heart things will be just fine.  Remember that true love is on your side, it is your gift to your soul.  It is all very hard, I truly understand it is, in those moments in your life that you feel in the dark, finding things you never knew before is what makes it all that more brighter.  Be easy on yourself, the bright light always prevails through the dark, if it does not come to you fast enough create your own bright light.

Through my learning of getting back in to the dating world I come to understand that the man I thought I could move forward with was sent in to my life to prove to myself as well as heart that right now is not the time for me, that even though I felt I was ready my heart needed more time to fix things that still needed time.  That through him I have seen that things may seem to be the right moment can fool you to realise that it is not.  Through him I have learned that in time things will fall right where they need to, that we can not rush anything if the time is not right, if things are not meant to be in that moment.  Grieving is something we all must deal with so gently, grieving asks that you always must be gentle to yourself, give yourself room to just feel it, that it is not meant to be ignored nor rushed.  Trying to rush things due to the fact of frustrations is not something your body as well as heart will allow.  Afraid of dating I ask myself, very much so, yet it is not something that will keep me from wanting to love, knowing in my heart that it will happen when ready to be.  Constant worry with frustration gets you to no where any faster, letting it go to understand in due time it will just be is the best way to let it be to yourself as well as heart.  I know in my heart that waiting for the someone who is the best suited to me is always worth the wait,  "good things come to those who wait", that is the absolute truth, in time he will be sent to my heart picked by the one man that knows me the best.  I have had the best I say to myself, this time around he will be the best in his own ways.

NOTE TO ALL:  Grieving is not something that will ever be gone, it is through patience, love, understanding we come to understand that it is something we will forever deal with.  Things in life may not always go the way we picture them to be, that is not something to be frustrated for, it may not be the way you imagined yet it happens in the way it was meant to be in its own way.  Worries along with stress are things in our life that are always something that is there to try to distract us from our visions, our goals.  Be gentle to your grieving heart, don't allow yourself to be angered at yourself for feeling the way you do, embrace yourself to allow yourself to grow with the scar that you bare, it is a scar of true love.  Scars are our signatures to the new life that shines bright into our hearts, into others around us.  Allow yourself to understand that time is not ticking against us, it is ticking to the very beat of our hearts, our life.  Rushing for anything gets you back to the very same place you started.  Understand you are the power to your whole self, anxiety is not no more than bad thoughts, take those bad thoughts to turn them in to the bright light that shines for you.  Fears are not scary, they are simply things that are unknown, it is in the unknown you find the greatest of things that await for you to find.  Don`t judge yourself for the steps back you take, it is only the going forward that counts.  Trust in your loved ones passed gift to you, true love.  Trust in your hearts that sometimes you may roam to the unknown but always find the way to the place you need to be.

 


 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Widow in the City , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by JS Designs