This is a place for all broken grieving hearts to come, its my safe haven and I share this with all of you to be your safe haven. I am hoping through my journey of grieving as well as my real life experiences through grieving I can help all through their darkest hours, to ease the pain a little less, to maybe just give an ear to listen because sometimes that's all we need.


I am willing to bare all to each and everyone who comes to this blog. I want no one to be shy of anything. I want anyone to ask question's, tell their stories with pride. No one will judge you, or think you are different. We are all here going through the same thing GRIEVING. This is my safe haven, your safe haven. The place to heal, to find your smile again. Through this all I am on a journey to writing a book as well "The Grieving Path To Joy".

Jul 23, 2013

Take Me To The River




The other night it was an end of the heat wave that had us all seeking the cool, in the end it was a feeling that all could feel as they went out to breathe to finally be able to breathe and not feel as though they were melting.  It was a beautiful evening the wind that blew had a cool touch to it, My sister from another mother I like to call her had called me to go out like we usually do, grab a coffee, sitting at the river front watching the water as we talk about life and the struggles we felt that day, that week of the loss we bare.  Susan to me is a true blessing and just know deep in my heart that she was sent into my life for a reason, someone to reflect upon me that I am not alone, someone I could trust with words of sadness to happiness of life, she truly to me is a blessing from up above.  To have a best friend like this is a true gift to the heart, the day we met I remember feeling as though we already knew each other forever, I guess as we looked at one another it was a reflection in the mirror knowing the loss we deal with is there, the pain, the struggles, the tears, it is all of what we know we both been through and still go through.
So on this night it was not of any difference than what we would usually do to grab a coffee head to the river and talk about anything and everything our hearts were feeling heavy about.  Yet in me it was different this time, I felt giggly, I felt the feeling comical, like I wanted to just laugh and look around to see what it was I could get in to.  I remember looking around watching the water, seeing the reflection of the sun beaming and glistening off the water, I remember the fluffy clouds standing still, trying to figure out why it was they were not moving.  This is truly how I understand that when you let the child in you out is when you open doors to nothing but absolute happiness, pureness.  In my funny there was no stopping our laughing.  As I looked towards the car next to us pulling up to park, I joked that he was a hotty, not at all but I had been talking about being single and how it was so exhausting for me to feel that feeling we all search for.  So jokingly I stared at this man, while Susan could not refrain herself from not laughing, I watched him get out of his jeep, staring back at me I’m thinking I boosted his ego, or however he could have been thinking what is up with that crazy girl staring, either, or it was just me and my frisky side coming through, I remember through this a lady next to us I had noticed alone, very upset, you could feel the pain she bared as she sat in her car alone.  I remember mentioning a couple times asking “should I go and see if she is ok, yet feeling I don’t want to invade her privacy nor make her feel uncomfortable. 
I remember telling Susan that I could not stand seeing pain in people, that in my heart I felt I wished I could help everyone that is feeling sad or that are in times of despair, that sometimes I wasn’t sure if it was a curse or a blessing, we definitely looked at each other and answered blessing.  During the feeling of laughter and feeling frisky wanting to just be out of my comfort zone I glanced back and forth from the lady to the man I was staring down noticing he was up against a ledge, looking at Susan I say “ I should walk that ledge passing right by him just for fun, like all kids love doing walking the plank of whatever they could, Susan laughed telling me “do it, just do it”, so I got out of the car hiked myself up on the ledge laughing so hard I couldn’t even walk a straight line, as I got to the man he spread out arms out over his jeep saying “please just don’t fall on my jeep, you can fall on me just not my jeep”, I could hear Susan laughing so hard at this point I looked to the man to say “no worries I won’t fall no worries, that if I did this I get 50 bucks from my friend that it was a dare”.  So I walked to the end than walked back past the man as he said “I think you’re doing a pretty good job”, he was just happy I didn’t fall on him.  Jumping down getting back in the car I could not even stop laughing in knowing just how crazy I must have just seemed. 
 
 
It was funny because I just know something this little was not something I’d ever do before, yet knowing that in life freeing yourself of the seriousness we always feel and letting out that child in you is a must, life is not meant to be so serious every single moment, it’s about laughing, feeling funny, releasing your craziness from time to time, forcing yourself to be the person that you normally are way too much.  In grieving I do know that letting out that part of you is much needed to the heart and soul.  The whole time of doing these silly acts the lady still was heavily in my heart knowing that if this was me alone in a car upset, crying, feeling such pain that I’d want someone to notice me, I’d want someone to ask me if I was ok, we all do not ever want to feel invisible to anyone, everyone deserves to be noticed, that they are known to this big world we are in.  So after being able to do what I did, I thought to myself why not do what my heart was asking me and approach this lady, the worse she could do is say leave me be please.  I then got back out of the car to approach her car, feeling all of me scared, out of my boundaries, as I came close to the car the intense feeling had me almost froze yet I got up enough strength to knock on her car window, she glanced at me quickly and I could see in her eyes the heavy hurt as well as pain that she was carrying.  She opened her window looking at me like why are you here?, I asked “I don’t mean to invade your space nor interrupt you but I could see that your very upset and wanted to know if you’re ok?  She smiled the first smile I seen as I watched her next to us for quite some time, said “I am ok thank you so much for asking”, I then asked if she was sure, if she needed someone to talk to, if she is sure she would be ok?  She answered “thank you so very much for asking me and thank you so much for caring and not even knowing me but I will be ok, she was so very grateful that I had approached her, that she was noticed and not invisible to this world. 
I told her “you’re so very welcome that if she changed her mind I was just right there next to her”, walked away and got back into the car.  Susan couldn’t believe the things I was doing on this night, she just glanced and smiled.  So the man with the jeep was gone, I glanced around for anymore silliness I could get into but wasn’t finding anything.  After just a few minutes approaching the lady next to us in her car, we saw her get out of her car coming our way.  I smiled in knowing that she was going to open up even if we were strangers that sometimes you have to take the chance to believe that there truly are genuine, nice people in this world.  She came to our car on my side to ask “could you really tell that I was upset and hurting lots?”  I told her “I knew she was having a hard time that something was not right, the look on her face touched my heart”.  She smiled to tell us “I’m usually a very private person but you were so nice to come over to ask me if I was ok I’d thought I’d come to see what it is you thought of what it was that has been bothering me so much for a long time”.  I told her “ok,  ask away we can help and give our opinions to try and help as much as we can”  In her story she talked of her husband how he was a high profiled DR, that she to was a DR, that they were married for 19 years, that a nurse that worked with her husband was texting him, not in a professional way, that she texted him A LOT, that it made her feel as though maybe something was happening that she had no control over, even after explaining to her husband it made her uncomfortable, that it was coming between them, he still refused to understand her due to not wanting to make his work space uncomfortable, or unprofessional.
I listened to her story to not assume or make harsh rash judgement towards her husband, that as she talked of them I truly felt he loved her, that in my gut I felt that it truly was not what she thought it was, that the nurse doing this was wanting to use her husband for leverage, to get higher in her place at work, and that knowing it bugged her she liked that it did.  I told the lady what is it you feel?  What is it your gut is saying to your heart?  She could not answer a definite answer which led me to understand that her husband was not cheating, that he was a very nice man not wanting to ruin his reputation or work place by something that could stop on its own by not giving in to it.  I watched the look on her face, I seen the pain that it brought to her as heavily as she actually felt a divorce in her future.  I spoke of all that I could that what I felt about the story just by what she was saying to us.  As we spoke to one another I felt peace, I smiled in knowing just how quick people are to judge that here we all were strangers yet something so personal to her was being released.  I felt peace in knowing that my heart whispered to me to approach her and I did, and for good reason it was meant to be.  I felt in the moment peace of knowing no matter what nationality, what race, what culture, we are all of the same inside, we hurt, we laugh, we need to know we are noticed that even if a stranger you are cared for.  You could tell this situation had made herself –esteem and wellbeing drown, I looked to her to say that in her she had to build back her all, known in her heart she is a strong woman she has always been that things that we cannot control are there to teach us a lesson, that it was up to us to find those lessons.  That even in worst case scenario she would always be able to do whatever it was that she had to go through she could do it.  We talked to her about how she was talking to 2 widows; she looked in complete shock saying “you’re so young to be widows, that she was so very sorry to hear that”. 
 
 
We than asked where she was from, she told us Pakistan, that again reminded me that so many out there put labels on everyone for the one person who brought harm, that just because one person causes such pain the label does not carry out to all.  That’s when my eyes opened to this life even more, that the perceptions of others can fog your own sense of love and thoughts.  As I looked to this lady I seen in her that she too was like we are, feelings, pain, struggles, that no matter where or who she was that she was us, she was a part of us.  As we talked we all looked at one another and decided to say a prayer, “God give us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference”.  In all of this my heart opened so much taking in life as it should be seen, it’s about helping others no matter who they are, no matter if a stranger, to be brave enough to approach someone that you feel is in pain, to assist in love no matter what or who they are.  That was when I realised it is not just wanting to help people grieving, that in my heart it is about to help everyone I can in pain, that throughout my life the pattern has always been there, people would always come to me to ask of advice, to see if I could help them, people where ever I go always approach me for whatever reason it may be, that is when I realised my purpose has always been there around me for so long trying to allow me to pay attention and know what the whispers were trying to get me to hear.  That no matter what the Unconditional love in my heart is enough for whoever it is I need to help, the gift in me was the comfort I send out to others in their time of need.  That it didn’t matter if a stranger or not that is what it was I was here to do. 
Susan worked her love and could not believe the words she spoke of to this lady in such compassion, during our conversation a family had been walking by us, they were taking pictures, the lady we were speaking to asked if she could take a picture for them of all of them.  They to approached us full of smiles and laughter speaking of going out for dinner and the one man joking he had to pay the bill that the other man was so happy because he had a free meal.  They joked to us about how Canada got its name that they were from Detroit.  The lady we were speaking to you could see the pain was gone; she smiled so bright and even helped out the family by taking a picture for them.  That was when I realised one good deed to someone leaves a trail to others learning from you to wanting to help others.  Paying it forward was happening in the little area we were in.  I looked to the lady to see her pain was no longer that her smile was there, her eyes were bright, I smiled in knowing that we helped, that due to jumping out of the fear I opened the doors to free, fearlessness that I learned to listen to my heart, my intuition that on this night we freed someone of the chains of pain that bounded them to feeling helpless, we helped chase away her darkness.  We got out of the car and hugged her after asking if she needed a hug.  After that we exchanged phone numbers.  Unsure of how this would turn out we wanted this lady to know we cared and she could contact us anytime she needed.
We said our good byes but knew a friendship was created, me and Susan looked at one another and laughed, not at the seriousness of it all but at the fact that whenever we were together we attracted people to us, we attracted people in need to us and helped them no matter what the situation was, no matter if a stranger, the feeling in you helping others is a feeling like no other.   It allows you to rise above your own sorrow to smile in understanding you truly helped someone despite of how you felt in your times of struggle.  So after the intense time we spent with this lady we drove to go back home, still in amazement of what we did and all that happened.  Now here is where the huge miracle came in to place that night, after truly sending out unconditional love, praying to God and the universe together me and Susan got a text from the lady.  “Hey girls, I am so glad we met today.  "Here is an update, my husband called and said that he wants to be with me and not ruin things because of a stupid little quarrel, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH.  GOD BLESS YOU.  That his phone has always been open to her to see, he has nothing to hide.  He does not want this to affect his life with me.  I just need to say you were angels for me today. We need to meet again on a happy note”.   So you have to wonder was it the love in our words, heart soul, that aligned to her needs, was it that I stood up to notice her or is it just the fact that when love sees love the most of the beautiful lest miracles manifest.  I do believe when your love is pure with no intent is where your dreams align becoming closer to your life noticing that what you do comes from your heart not from what you want in the materialistic way.
 
 
LIFE is all about loving unconditionally to others out in this world, no matter who, where, why in that all is the pureness of what God is.  So in your service to act for him with others is truly where miracles are, where miracles are attracted.  In those moment surrounded by the beauty all around us we opened our hearts we opened our love to find in it is where healing happens, where blessings are granted.  I remember being there, taking the time to breathe in the cool air, seeing the amazing pink sky, the green of the trees, the stillness of the water, yet also paid attention to every word that was spoken.  That sometimes our purpose is of many things, to not surround it to just one thing.  Helping others is to help yourself as well, it brings in peace, it brings in love, leaving you forget just what it was you were stressing of, you let go of your own worries and difficulties to see life is so much more than that.  All this is a reminder to me that just when you thought your heart was open that it can open more and more as you truly live life and see it in the beauty it is all around, that it is there working for you not against you.  To open your love no matter what nationality, religion, culture is there in front of you that is in need that the perception of one person does not lead to how others are. 
Casting judgement before even knowing is creating darkness to your soul, not knowing the person in front of you is part of you, realising we all are similar we all hold similarities that ties us to one another, looking to someone knowing that in them lies a piece of you is what allows you to truly see life the way it is meant to be seen.  Everyone is always so quick to assume that taking the time to let the love through holds us back to so many of things in our own life.  Even if the lesson comes later in life at least it is there to open you up to life as it should be, just don’t let later be too long because our life is too short to not truly see it how it should be.  If you feel that gift in you don’t try to bury it because you fear what it is, that gift in you is a gift of why you are here to make this world a better place that it is.
NOTE TO ALL:  We are all here for a reason, not for our own personal reasons, not to lift ourself higher alone, not to look to the materialistic things we could have by using our purpose but to see life around us in its pureness, to see others with love, to open our hearts to the world with unconditional love.  Use your gift for the pureness of love not to use it for your own to get to where you need to alone, use it to hold hands with others in life to walk with them to where you all need to be.  Realise in the quiet what it is that makes your heart beam out into the world to catch the eyes of so many leading them to search for their own, use that love you feel in your heart to know that is how your life should be lived, that in every second of what you do it is not work it is love, that to you it feels freeing of your own darkness that may be in you, finding it in you is to free yourself to being trapped in a hole, to rising above it out into the world living life as it is need be. 
It is not very far from you, your gift, purpose is around you all the time trying to help you see it, understand it, feel it, it is always around waiting for you to discover what it is trying to let you know.  “Life has no meaning.  Each of us has a meaning and we bring it to life.  It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer ~Joseph Campbell~
 
 
Susan and I so grateful she was placed at the exact perfect of time in my life, go team peace makers :)
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Widow in the City , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by JS Designs