This is a place for all broken grieving hearts to come, its my safe haven and I share this with all of you to be your safe haven. I am hoping through my journey of grieving as well as my real life experiences through grieving I can help all through their darkest hours, to ease the pain a little less, to maybe just give an ear to listen because sometimes that's all we need.


I am willing to bare all to each and everyone who comes to this blog. I want no one to be shy of anything. I want anyone to ask question's, tell their stories with pride. No one will judge you, or think you are different. We are all here going through the same thing GRIEVING. This is my safe haven, your safe haven. The place to heal, to find your smile again. Through this all I am on a journey to writing a book as well "The Grieving Path To Joy".

May 29, 2012

A Tribute To Father's



As Father's day is approaching and I can't but think about my dad, about how difficult it is to celebrate this day without him. I also think about the other daughters and sons. This will be the 3rd Father's day his body is no longer with me and my family in Earth but his soul still is.

Last year I had a very interesting experience on Father's day, which made me think he was around. I was on a cruise on the Mediterranean. I rented Internet for a few minutes to log in facebook and wish my brother and my friends who are dads a happy day. I also posted this note for my dad on my wall: "Happy Father's day in Heaven daddy! I'll always love you." Right after I finished writing it, the Latin band started playing a Pasodoble. It made me remember my dad even more! He didn't take dancing very seriously, but when it came to Pasodoble, he was passionate about it! He taught me how to dance it. If we were in a party together I always dance pasodoble with him. As a matter of fact that was our last dance in May 2009 at my niece's communion party. As soon as I listened to this music play my eyes filled up with tears. Then like this was not enough to bring memories of him, the next song the band played was "Cielito Lindo" the song my dad sang to me... and in the lyrics I want to believe he was sending me also a message: "sing and don't cry" (Canta y no llores)! He didn't want me to cry. He wanted for me to be happy, to sing and enjoy my vacation! He wanted to let me know he got my Happy Father's day note! I'll make sure I send him another this and every Father's day until the day I leave this body and go back to the source and I'll be able to dance with him again.

 As I go through that day, I have to be thankful for the years I shared with him. I'll remember that he is now an angel looking out for me, my sister and my brother; my mom, the love of his life; his grandchildren, even the ones that never got to meet him. His energy is around all of us. The energy never dies it only transforms. A part of him is in our cells. His soul is now one with each of us. He can be with all of us, in different places at the same time.

Blessings to all who walk in similar shoes, I want you to know that you will be in my thoughts. Celebrate your dad's lives and still wish them a Happy Father's day. His soul might be there celebrating with you too, happy and proud of having a daughter or a son like you.

Luisa's story is the most beautifulest story, her story I decided I had to just share with you all due to the fact it is what I try to write about in each my posts, that even though our loved ones passed are not seen they still remain with us in our lives, it is in that our hearts take a deep comfort in.  Thank you Luisa so very much for allowing me to share this with everyone, also for being my first guest I have posted in my blog.

Written by:  Luisa GomezBowes


 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Widow in the City , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by JS Designs